Holy Infant of Good Health Shrine in Mississippi
Biloxi Diocesan Shrine
In 1956, Margot James, a devout lady in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi brought the Devotion to the United States.
From here the devotion spread rapidly to many states and other continents, a testimony to the universal acceptance of Jesus’ invitation to became as little children.
In 1994, God called Margot James home. The Mother Superior and Community of Sisters in Morelia, gave their blessings and entrusted the mission of spreading the devotion to the Holy Infant to a family and friends in Mississippi who had grown to love the Holy Infant.
On February 15, 1997, the dedication of the first Chapel in honor of the Holy Infant of Good Health in the United States was blessed by the Most Rev. Lawson Howze, Bishop of Biloxi, at St. Ann Church in Clermont Harbor, MS.
On November 10, 1999, the statue of the Holy Infant housed in the Chapel was taken to Morelia, Mexico, and blessed by Bishop Estanislao Alcarza to become the Traveling Pilgrim Statue for the United States. Since then, the Pilgrim Statue has traveled to many states. In April of 2006, Archbishop Alberto Suarez Inda of Morelia blessed the Image that is now housed in the Shrine.
On May 18, 2004, the Most Rev. Thomas Rodi, Bishop of Biloxi, issued a decree declaring the Chapel a Diocesan Shrine – now known as the Holy Infant of Good Health Shrine. Archbishop Alberto Suarez Inda of Morelia was also present, along with the Missionaries of the Holy Infant Jesus of Good Health, for this glorious celebration.